There are different types of thermoses in markets, which we daily use for hospitality purposes at homes or in picnic… etc. So, a lot of people are confused when they decide to purchase a thermos, and some of them fall into the trap of buying a bad-quality product at an expensive price.
You must be aware of the types of thermoses to avoid getting deceived by the exterior look of the product. In the following lines, we will discuss the different types of thermoses, and give you “4” proven tips to be certain of purchasing the right worthy product.
1. Types of thermoses according to the country of origin.
- German Thermos: most of its products are considered high-quality, but the designs are too traditional and not suitable for hospitality purposes.
- Japanese Thermos: most of its products are considered high-quality too, but some of its users complain about losing the temperature of their drinks after a short period of time, besides, it doesn’t present luxury designs for hospitality purposes.
- Chinese Thermos: recently, it has been known for its many designs, colors, and sizes. But we must be certain of buying the original products and avoid the copied or fake ones, because it may harm your health if you put your Arabic coffee into one of them.
2. Are Chinese Thermoses bad?
Some people claim that everything made in China is considered to e a poor-quality product, and the Chinese thermoses have only good designs but are far away from quality, which is completely wrong as there are many Chinese thermoses’ brands that present amazing designs and excellent quality at the same time, and we can use in serving Arabic Cofee to the guests or outside the house contrary to what many claims.
For instance, the major Apple company -one of the most famous in the technology industry- manufactures its famous smartphones in China, and it is not only “Apple” but most electronics companies today have taken the same approach, such as “Intel”, “HP” and “Toshiba”.
The original versus the imitation Thermos
In fact, there are many imitated Chinese products which you can find at cheap prices Comparison of thermos prices in the market and poor quality, but there are also original thermoses manufactured from the highest quality, purest materials and made according to the European specifications. Those thermoses are presented to customers in the best quality, most beautiful designs, and at reasonable prices.
3. Types of thermoses according to the materials... The pros and cons of each type
- Inner glass Thermos: contains an inner glass flask, but the external body was made from plastic or stainless.
- Inner stainless Steel Thermos: has a double wall of stainless Steel or inner stainless with the external shape of plastic.
|Inner glass Thermos||
Preserve temperature longer
Preserve the taste of the drinks without any changes.
Considered the best coffee thermos.
There are some types of glass that are not strong enough to endure hits or impacts.
risk of a break, but a glass flask can be replaced easily and at a much lower cost than buying a new thermos.
|Inner stainless steel Thermos||
most functional for going out.
the ability to resist impacts.
Unhealthy Thermos because some types of stainless steel interact with drinks.
The difficulty of cleaning is due to the presence of calcifications that form on its surface over time.
less temperature preservation.
4. Which type of thermos is better? “Glass” or “Stainless”
- Stainless is one of the heat-conducting metals, while glass is a heat-insulator, so stainless thermos loses its temperature faster.
- Inner glass Thermos industry was developed to resist the shocks better, and its exteriors have been developed to protect the glass from the risk of break.
- The Inner glass Thermos industry was developed to resist the impacts better, and its exteriors have been developed to protect the glass from the risk of breakage.
But also Inner stainless steel Thermos has been developed to avoid stainless defects by treating it with other materials that prevent heat leak and prevent the formation of calcifications on the stainless surface, which can change the taste of coffee and cause health problems.
5. Types of thermos according to the method of pouring the drink
you can also know more about the best way to clean your thermos and get rid of unwanted smells.
“4” proven steps to check the thermos before purchasing it
You can choose the best thermos to purchase by following these tips:
- Visual examination: high-quality products have an appearance that indicates the quality of the materials, you need also to check the pink color of the thermos glass, and make sure that this color is not the reflection of the instruction color sheet, you must be careful, and make sure that there are no black spots that may indicate the use of asbestos in the manufacture of the thermos.
- Smell check: If you smell a bad smell, this means bad components of the thermos, and you mustn’t purchase it.
- Check the weight: a good thermos usually has an ideal weight, the lightweight thermos is not well made, and may not keep your drink temperature for more than an hour or two.
- Durability check: You must ensure the consistency of the thermos parts, so if you notice the bottom part of the thermos disassembled, this means that it may leak the dink or the temperature, so you shouldn’t risk buying it.
Also, you must make sure the tight of the thermos cap, and ensure the safety of the rubber on the top of the glass flask inside the thermos, which should be made of the best quality silicone, for two reasons:
- When this rubber was made from bad materials, may its molecules mix with your drink during the pouring.
- In addition to falling drops into the vacuum between the inner and outer walls of the thermos, which make bacteria accumulate inside the thermos and cause bad smells, these bacteria may also mix with your drink during the pouring and harm your health.
You can choose the right type of thermoses according to your priorities, but make sure that your family health and yours are at the top of these priorities, as the daily use of bad-quality thermos will eventually harm your health, you must also choose a luxurious thermos for hospitality purposes, which are provided by many well-established brands in the market, after you purchase your thermos, be sure to follow the best way to use your thermos and keep your drink hot for along time.
And do not forget to read the article we present about hospitality etiquette at home and follow the rules contained in it to bring happiness to the heart of your guests, and so that you feel that your hospitality matters are going well from the ground up.